Ed. 202 Parque Tecnológico de Zamudio
GAIKER-IK4 is a Technological Centre devoted to the technological innovation. From its beginnings in 1985, it uptakes, develops and transfers technology to the industry.
In its work of up-taking own knowledge, the Centre has carried out close to 425 projects and has leaded or taken part in 83 R&D European Projects, as well as close to 30 national and international thematic networks.
However, GAIKER-IK4’s activity is focused on the transfer to its customers of the technology and the know-how acquired during the updating process. From its foundation, the Centre has carried out more than 1.075 R&D projects “under contract” for customers coming from a wide range of sectors (Pharmaceutical Industry, Chemical Industry, Human and Animal Health, Engineering and Consultancy Firms, Public Administrations, Automotive Industries, Construction, Packing and Packaging and Home Appliances, amongst others) and with management activities related to its 3 KNOWLEDGE AREAS:
• In the Environment and Recycling Area it develops Environmental Technologies to assess the health of the environment (soils, surfacewater and groundwater) and the treatments associated with their purification and remediation. Regarding Environmental Management, it analyses the sustainability of processes, products (ecodesign) and services throughout the entire lifecycle, by applying methodologies such as environmental (LCA), economic (LCC) and Social (SLCA) Life Cycle Analysis.
In the field of Recycling, it works on the treatment of streams of materials from post-consumption waste of all origins and industrial scarps. In the field of Energy Recovery, it develops ad hoc processes to obtain refuse derived fuels and also develops processes for the feedstock recycling of plastics or to obtain biofuels from renewable sources.
• In the Plastics and Composites Area: Thermoplastic Materials, Thermoset Materials
Smart Materials, Synthesis and Functionalisation of Nanoparticles.
• In the Biotechnology Area it carries out In Vitro Tests under the GLP (Good Laboratories Practices, Genomics and Proteomics technology, Biorecognition Molecules Biodetection Systems.
This wide offer is possible thanks to GAIKER’s highly qualified staff, which is more than 130 employees. Furthermore, the 8.750 m2 of premises –located in the Technological Park of Bizkaia (Zamudio)- include an extensive network of laboratories, where technicians characterize, study and certify the behavior of materials, products and wastes, as well as pilot plants where processes are optimized and prototypes developed.
Our offer of products and services include:
• R&D Projects.
• Advanced Technological Services.
• Analysis and Tests.
• Technological Dissemination.